We have waited a year to make our honeymoon and we are now ready to go. We are gently terminating the “lists of things to do”, we are packing what it matters and we are mentally preparing for the long flight.
Ladies and gentlemen, here it is the program:
Departure from Paris on 15th October by the AF292 flight to land on 16th October in Osaka, at 8:30am. After a long layover in Osaka, we leave right away to Okinawa (arrival at 16:25 local time). Then, I think we will have the right to collapse of tiredness or weariness rfom the journey.
- 16th to 19th October Okinawa: the historic district; the market; Sunset Beach; the Aquarium.
- 19th to 23rd October Kyoto: temples, temples; hiking on Fushimi Inari Taisha; temples and again temples. And the Himeji castle. And the Jidai Matsuri. Xim is looking forward to. I understand him.
- 23rd to 26th October Takayama: in the Japanese Alps, the village of Hida and Shirakawa-go; walks in nature; maples everywhere.
- 26th to 28th October Kanazawa: in the “behind” of Japan (ura Nihon), where we will watch a geisha show, walking in parks, in the neighborhood of Samurai. After that we will move to Onomichi.
- 28th to 30th October (attention please) cycling the Shimanami Kaido (part 1 and part 2). This is a bike path on route jumping from island to island, connecting Honshu to Shikoku. 35 km per day by bicycle, then we take the train to Matsuyama.
- 30th October to 3rd November: arrived in Matsuyama, we will immerse ourselves in an onsen, to reward our efforts. We visit the castle, go to the onsen, again some temples, then we return to the onsen, and no doubt we will go in pretty onsen. (For those who are wondering, the onsen are these wonderful Japanese baths, fed by hot springs. It’s just fabulous).
- 3rd to 7th November Beppu: on Kuyshu (we change island). We will move around Beppu to go to Yufuin, Usuki, visit the “Eight Hells” and go to onsen (since we are sitting on a volcano, better do in a nice environment).
- 7th to 9th November Miyajima: this place is magical. This time, in addition to eating eel (and oysters, for me) we will trudge on Mount Misen.
- 9th to 11th November Koyasan: another totally magical place, where we will do the walking of pilgrims.
- 11th to 13rd November Kyoto: to the very famous Shichi-go-san and some shopping.
We leave on 13rd November from Osaka, flight AF8438, departing at 11:05, we land at 14:55 in Amsterdam (the joys of time zones…). We then take the last plane to go home, landing scheduled at 22:20.
We hope to see your comments on the blog. We will try to post regularly, as for the previous trip, to make you share our discoveries (it will probably be more successful than the rest of the time). Xim is responsible for the Internet connection, so we will not be without it.
See you soon on these pages!