There should be several bags (some contained in other at different stages).
As for today, we focus on cabin bag for air travel, which presents some difficulties: it must be small in size but must have something to kill the time and to survive in an enclosed place for 6h flight to Dubai, 3h stopover in Dubai, then 8h flight to Osaka.
I thought about taking some snacks, but my friend Isalee told me they are useless in long-haul flight, you spend most of the time eating (in fact, we asked for vegetarian menus…).
Here is the checklist of the cabin bag:
- tickets and passport: it goes without saying, but it’s going better to say it anyway;
- wallet: ditto;
- small pillow to sustain your neck when you fell asleep;
- ear plugs;
- eye mask;
- small cozy slippers: trick taken from my friend Isalee, because the first thing people do is remove their shoes, but to walk to the toilet, small slippers are not a luxury;
- stockings: I do not know if this is really useful, but better safe than sorry;
- ebook reader with unread book (I’ve already planned a special selection for Japan);
- toothbrush + toothpaste: forever smell good;
- small towel: I think there is soap in the toilet, but to wash up a bit in the plane and into the airport, I still prefer to bring my equipment;
- moisturizer for hands and face;
Now I need to find a nice and comfortable travel bag. Not a hiking bag, no doubt, but something that is practical, with lots of pockets, and easy to organize.
I seem to have forgotten something…